2009年3月22日星期日

(50)Reinstall Ubuntu 8.10

It is a bad day, while I want to set up Wiki on my Ubuntu 8.10, and try connect to Internet and download it, but I find I can't do it. The network configure was broken. At last, I install Tex, and other application on it, and it is so slow. So I reinstall it.
It is very easy for a windows user to install Ubuntu 8.10 in windows with the ISO. Just copy files and wait. Then I have a walk out then it is OK.
OK, now I can use my Ubuntu with a English version.

At first, configure your Software sources, if you forget it, when you download or install software, it is so slow or can find the package.
set Download from-->other server-->Select best server.
Ok, set it.

1. set up the terminal in the right click menu:
sudo apt-get install nautilus-open-terminal

2. set up Scim: use the Synaptic.

3. set up Xpdf: sudo apt-get install xpdf-reader
(but it can't work, while I reconfigured the software resource, it done!)

4. binding your gateway to anti ARP:
arp -v (view the arp catch table.)
arp -s if_addr hd_addr
It is not like in windows: the hd_addr(MAC) format is 00:00............ notice this is : not -

5. Pidgin with Internet: Ubuntu 8.10 has Pidgin, so you can login in your QQ, MSN, Yahoo!, Gtalk and other IM with it, and don't need download them.

6. Set up Fetion: go to here: http://www.libfetion.cn/Linux_demoapp_download.html and download libfetion, get a deb packetage, just install it. If your Ubuntu is English version, install: scim-bridge-client-qt4 .

7. Install Realplayer: go to www.realnetworks.com to download the Realplayer for linux, you can get a deb file and install it easy. then you can play RM or RMVB or others files..

8. adobe flash player: if you need, you can go to every web site which has flash, then firefox will give the message to tell you install the plugin.

没有评论:

发表评论

欢迎就文章所述观点、问题发表看法和留言。
请勿发表任何有关政治、宗教、成人等敏感性评论,勿发表带有人身攻击性、骂人、脏话等,博主有权删除任何评论,见谅!谢谢!