2009年3月13日星期五

(17)phrases related to Mouth与Mouth有关的短语

  1. Do not bad mouth me. 别说我坏话;I won't bad mouth Jay even if it kills me.
  2. I really put my foot in my mouth this time. Put one's foot in one's mouth=say something embarrassing, make a flux-pas,失言,说错话了。I certainly put my foot in my mouth at the part last night when I asked Mister Brown to say hello to his wife for me. Some how I'd forgotten that his wife died six months ago.
  3. down in the mouth: 沮丧,垂头丧气。Why do you look so down in the mouth? 你为什么显示这样消沉? She gets down in the mouth over the least little thing. 她动不动就情绪低落. =down in the dumps.
  4. do not put words in my mouth: 替某人说出你觉得他该说的话,把话强加于某人。I never mentioned going away for a holiday: don't put words into my mouth. 我从没有提过要去度假,不要把这话强加于我。Now you are putting words into my mouth. When did I say anything about moving.
  5. word of mouth/by word of mouth: 口碑,口耳相传。This restaurant is so small, but it's always crowded. How did you find out about it ? I beard by word of mouth that they had great food.
  6. mouthpiece: 代言人,机关报。The newspaper is the mouthpiece of the government.
  7. you took the words right out of my mouth: 说出了某人想说的话,观点不谋而合. A: Did you see that girl in our English class. she is really beautiful. B: You took the words right out of my mouth.
  8. left a bad taste in my mouth: 留下坏印象。 Her rudeness to the old man left a bad taste in my mouth. 她对那位老人的粗暴态度,给我留下很坏的印象。=leave a nasty taste in one's mouth
  9. I had my heart in my mouth: 使人非常害怕,心都被提到嗓子眼。I had my heart in my mouth when the other car ran through the red light and I knew we were about to crash. =make one's heart leap out of his mouth, one's heart stood still.
  10. a person, who was born with a sliver spoon in his mouth: 出生在富有的家庭,不用到外面去找工作谋生。I'll tell you the good thing about our boss. He was born with a sliver spoon in his mouth and doesn't have to work at all. But he really works harder than anybody in the office.
  11. live from hand to mouth: 仅能糊口。He got very little pay so he live from hand to mouth.
  12. a mouthy child: 喜欢多嘴的小孩。=someone who talk a lot and says what he thinks even if it is rude.
  13. stop mouthing off: 不要再胡说了。If you don't stop your mouth off, I won't tell you anything in the future.
  14. running one's mouth: 说得太多,大嘴巴。

没有评论:

发表评论

欢迎就文章所述观点、问题发表看法和留言。
请勿发表任何有关政治、宗教、成人等敏感性评论,勿发表带有人身攻击性、骂人、脏话等,博主有权删除任何评论,见谅!谢谢!